Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Holistic Practice

I lead a very holistic life for my own physical healing or maintenance as well as life in general. I don’t participate in many distractions like TV, technological toys, drugs or alcohol. I am, for the most part, physically unable to participate in most fun activities that involve any coordinated movement, which seems OK. I do attend several weekly recovery meetings and a wellness group. I do a lot of prayer and meditation, exercise often and eat carefully. To round things out I work in the garden and cook. It’s a very fulfilling and busy life. In the words of Patricia Loring "To undertake to live a discerned life, to endeavor daily to be attuned to authentic movements of the Spirit leading us into greater fullness of life, is a strenuous undertaking."