Sunday, October 15, 2017

Symptoms

There are several issues in the world today which appear to be symptoms of deeper problems and the, understandable, tendency is to attempt to address the symptoms as the problems. That approach is, obviously, not working. The problems I am referring to include racism, global warming, obesity, the opiate epidemic and others. I cannot say for certain what the solution is. However, promoting a life-style change toward something like what I suggest in my book, Three Simple Questions: Being in the World, But Not of It, would alleviate all of the symptoms - that worked for me! Well written by Patricia Loring "We can cultivate an environment among us which will foster one another’s spiritual growth by directing and redirecting intention and attention to God; by discouraging what draws us away; by loving support for each other in the vicissitudes of our utterly human lives; by respecting and cherishing the uniqueness of each life."