Saturday, October 21, 2017

Staying In the Present

Tonight the topic in my recovery meeting was "letting go" and I commented that "letting go [of outcomes] allows me to be in the present which is where I meet God, just wonderful". The fact is that I am responsible for what I say and do - the rest is up to Love, God, the universe or whatever a person chooses to call the presence that one encounters by staying in the present and that is a wonderful experience. Using the words of Gilbert Kilpack; "And though ideas such as these may seem unimportant in our bustling world, the testimony of seekers after life in all ages is that nothing is so important as the completion of our half-lives, the God-filling of our void." He and others use the word "God" but it is my understanding that the choice of words is not important - the feeling is.