Saturday, December 23, 2017

Holistic Healing

I had a person with newly diagnosed cancer approach me the other day asking about the holistic approach to healing which I use. I asked them if they believed in the holistic approach and they replied "anything that works". Their answer to my query struck me as quite reasonable but the response also bothered me since the holistic approach requires effort and focus and I wondered if their answer reflected the necessary commitment. In order to use the holistic approach I have used, one has to join with the problem through meditation or contemplation and then do anything and everything that is called for. "Physical symptoms may tell us that we are going in the wrong direction or they may be evidence of something in the unconscious which will undermine the whole enterprise unless countered psychologically as well as with aspirin." (Claremont deCastillejo)