Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Blessing

My niece (in-law?) just had a baby and the three of them will be visiting with my other in-laws in a few days. Maria and I will be visiting with them. I will have an opportunity to bless the new baby and, possibly do some loving, probing and connecting with her. I will let her know how much I love her and let her know how special she is, also acknowledging that I am special and allowing her to probe me, as deeply as she wishes. The only outward evidence of the blessing and probing is usually that the baby will stare at me and, often, smile. Inwardly, it feels like an honor to be able to do that and I will probably sense her pure, sweet, loving power. I first learned of this gift perhaps fifteen years ago and have done it numerous times since. No-one is usually aware of the process except the mothers have often apologized for the child staring.