Friday, November 9, 2018

Meditation

The theme for my recovery meeting today was "prayer and meditation", a subject I enjoy and feel very passionate about. The subject of meditation also came up during some conversations and during my own contemplation. I particularly enjoy hearing "beginners" speak of their experience of trying meditation without believing in God or anything else in particular and still benefitting tremendously from the experience, much as I did. During my conversations and contemplation I reflected on the physical healing that I and others have experienced as a result of meditation. I wrote about that two days ago. Meditation is one of those practices that seems ethereal but is, in fact, very practical and simple. I have heard it described as "anything that quiets the clamoring of the intellect".