Sunday, January 13, 2019

Holistic Healing

In 2010 I was going through a period when I could not relax my jaw at all and it was in constant motion while awake and I even had to sleep in a position that held my jaw still. That is when I was diagnosed as having a jaw dystonia, which was quite a bit worse than it is today. I found that during deep meditation I could relax my jaw and I reasoned that I could carry that ability into when I was being active, my normal waking self. I mentioned this plan to my doctor and she said "most people cannot do that" and in response I thought "I can and I will". I am now in a position where I wish to relax my jaw more completely and I have realized that I can do so when I am meditating. There is part of me that thinks I cannot do that and another part that keeps repeating to myself "I can and I will". We shall see.