Saturday, February 23, 2019

Abiding

My method of abiding in God and God’s Love is to continually ask for guidance, act on that guidance and be grateful. In my process of abiding it has become clear to me that I do not understand God and that abiding is not as simple as I thought. The guidance I receive is not always what I would expect. For example, I asked for guidance while responding to one of the people I mentor who was having some emotional pain. I was planning to attempt to alleviate his pain but was told to "leave it alone", because his working through the pain himself would result in growth and out of respect and love for him. I did what I was told and the result was him getting emotionally much stronger and the pain passed quickly. God apparently Loved him enough to let him have his own pain and process.