Monday, June 17, 2013

Speaking My Truth

Yesterday I spoke of being pleased that someone else was speaking about, and had experienced the emotional and spiritual strength she got from getting in touch with her essence, something I have talked about and experienced.  Similarly, but in my professional life rather than personal experience, it is nice to hear mainstream presentations on subjects I have been talking about for years.  These topics include the importance of things like spirituality, connection and love or the pitfalls of managed care and brief therapy.  Things that others talked to me about and I continued the tradition.  In the past, I have actually been warned not to talk about these things openly.  There is a strong feeling of validation and being home or connected when it happens that others speak of these things.  The validation and feeling of connection come from the realization that things do, in fact, change and it is nice to be part of that process.  I do need to speak my truth.