Monday, August 12, 2013

Finding Meaning

I was struck several times today by just how hollow, transient and meaningless it is to identify with the physical body and this limited existence.  I remember well the years of various activities like going to work, fixing special meals, holidays and socializing, basically trying to find depth and meaning in the meaningless.  My culture and up-bringing taught me to look to these things for meaning.  In my conversations today and in the past I noticed people being puzzled by the fact that they were doing these various activities and yet found no meaning in them.  I could certainly identify!  I now identify with what I call the “empty fullness” of the “I am” that preceded this body and will exist after it.  Within the “I am” I now feel the peace, love and connectedness that I was looking for.