Friday, August 16, 2013

Staying On My Path

I was reminded today of just how important it is to approach living, growth and change from a position of awareness, willingness and truth.  It is very easy for any of us to stray off any sort of spiritual or life path due to some sort of distortion in our thinking, usually due to something internal.  Personally, I have two people that I continually who keep me on my path.  For example, the use of any sort of mind-altering drug, whether prescribed or illegal, can cause severe distortions in thinking.  Another example is that any sort of traumatic event in a person’s past can also cause a distortion in current day attitudes and behaviors.  A trusted teacher or guide can help a person navigate through the distortions, pointing them out and making suggestions.