Monday, January 20, 2014

Acceptance

Today was a day of exercise, solitude, meditation and self-care, very nice.  I started out the day feeling a bit drained and worn down after several days of connecting and being a conduit of love, empathy, understanding and compassion.  By the end of the day, I felt physically tired, from the exercise but emotionally and spiritually refreshed, from the other activities.
One of the highlights of the day was going into a wooded area, near our home, to be with the trees and woods in order to allow their vibrance to cleanse me.  When I left the car, I noted the skeletal backbone of a medium sized mammal that someone had placed in the branches of a nearby tree and, at the same time, felt called to sit and meditate in a nearby rocky area.  When we approached the rocky area my wife and I encountered the skeletal remains of an elk.  I then sat to meditate nearby.  My impression was of the “matter of fact”, “life and death” nature of life.  The suggestion was to accept it, be with it and let it flow through me.