Monday, February 24, 2014

Forgiveness

Within my healing journey, I needed to forgive two main people.  One of those people was myself for being self-destructive, hurting many others, turning away from God and being angry.  The second main person was my father for having beaten me and, in general, exposing me to his anger and rage as I was growing.  I went through many complex feelings and realizations on my journey to forgiveness, and finally letting go of these anchors that were holding me back,
arriving at acceptance and forgiveness.  I then began to receive many gifts from God, one of which was going to visit my father, shortly before he died.  During that visit, he had advanced Alzheimer’s so did not know who I was and could not speak, cogently, we had long, deep communications and there was none of the past for either of us.  We were both transported through love, quite amazing.  Because of that visit, the gifts I received and my own meditation, I realized that within the love of the Absolute, the God place, there was nothing to forgive, only the love of the absolute.