Sunday, February 23, 2014

Spring

I certainly realize that in human terms it is still February and the middle of winter, but the plants and animals are demonstrating behaviors that I associate with spring.  When I connect with the plants and animals, I can feel their vibrancy.  The plants are quietly exhibiting waking up to the presence of a period of new growth.  The birds are more active, chasing each other around, in their bright spring plumage and singing their spring songs.  Personally, I consider this time of year to be very enjoyable, full of the promise of things to come.
Additionally, I notice, that though it has been a very dry winter in Flagstaff, so far,  rather than fretting about the dryness, the plants and animals just accept the reality and continue with life, a good model for me to follow.