Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Scientific Model

I used to be a relatively normal Ph.D. biologist and researcher, but the events of the last several years have changed me.  As a scientist, I was trained to be totally open and objective to contradictory data, but realized that I was being biased in favor of information that fit within the scientific model, thus restricting the information I would even consider.  The model is excellent, however a good deal of spiritual information does not fit within it, though that model can probe and elucidate the outskirts of some spiritual ideas, as we are finding out.  The scientific model, like most things, is limited.  Using the parsimony principle of Occam’s razor and attempting to look at all of the information objectively, I have realized that there is actually a great deal of reality that falls outside of the scientific model, that there is really something there.  I am passionate about finding out what that something is and making optimal use of it in my life.