Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Guidance

I have been told many times that I need a “qualified teacher” in order to achieve any sort of advanced spiritual practice, and, indeed, in my past, I have had many people who provided me with inspiration and demonstrated to me what I wanted to achieve.  However, I wanted and want to know and experience more than any earthly teacher can provide.  As a result, earthly teachers can and have only pointed the way.  To accomplish what I want to accomplish, I cannot follow the example of an earthly teacher, so I now turn to meditation and my own mystical connection, continually asking for support and guidance.  In addition, I frequently check my conclusions and observations with any of numerous people that prevent me from venturing off on any egotistical journey.  Generally, if my thoughts are self-directed, I pay little attention to them, while thoughts or intuitions that guide me to be of service usually carry more weight.  I find it amusing to watch where my own head will take me.  I am quite capable of self-delusion!