Friday, May 23, 2014

Pausing & Refocusing

“Primitive” or aboriginal people tended and still tend to act in harmony with the power or force of love/God, at least until the frenzy of materialism, ownership and capitalism takes them over.  Acting in harmony and recognizing our connectedness is often part of “traditional” beliefs that are then readily supplanted by the frenzy of materialism, ownership and capitalism.  A problem or imbalance arises since, by nature of it being transient and essentially meaningless, materialism, by itself,  results in a hollow feeling.  This same pattern is repeated daily or even several times a day in my own life.  Meaning, that both choices are available each day and part of me is generally drawn toward the immediate gratification of materialism, ownership and capitalism, while it seems better for me to stay focused on the harmony and connectedness of the power or force of love/God.  I often need to pause and remind myself during the day.