Monday, July 21, 2014

Violence Vs. Love

As far as I can tell, violence is generally caused by fear and, ultimately, leads to more fear and violence, while love is generally associated with peace and, similarly, leads to more love.  Personally, I have the potential for both inside me and I notice the same potentials in everyone I meet.  I Have experienced each side of myself in ample quantities, and I now make the choice of love since it seems to have a very positive effect on me and the world in general.  However, learning to make that choice, simple as it seems, has been a lengthy and convoluted  process.  When I look around me, I note others in that process, a pleasure to observe.  My hope is that, as a species, we learn to make that choice prior to causing our own extinction.  I am passionate about doing all I can to help that happen.