Saturday, December 2, 2017

Holistc Healing

Thirty years ago I was diagnosed with a chronic, degenerative, neurological disorder and, as I describe on my website and in my book, I was in rough shape and parts of my brain were dying. I was told that I would never improve and probably continue to worsen, meaning I would probably die. Through my recovery program I had begun a spiritual journey and found as Gilbert Kilpack writes, "Man is separated from God, but secretly united to God; that is the prime fact of life, and all things in all creation speak of this separation, this incompleteness which has infected all." I had begun improving my connection to God and once again, after my diagnosis, turned to spirituality, unconditional love and that spiritual awakening. I did not know what to expect but knew I needed help dealing with my disability so I took a holistic approach. Today my condition is much improved and I am extremely grateful. "And though ideas such as these may seem unimportant in our bustling world, the testimony of seekers after life in all ages is that nothing is so important as the completion of our half-lives, the God-filling of our void." (Kilpack)