Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Meditation

During periods of prayer and meditation, at first only in my sacred time in the night and now all day, I encounter the loving force or power I call God. During my meditation I find that I can become one with that power and use it in my day to day life. I have not yet determined the limits to the effects of that contact, but I am working on it! "A mystical touch is a deep, intimate contact-union-experience of God in one of His attributes such as power, light, goodness, beauty, or joy."(Thomas Dubay, S. M) The most readily observed effect is in my physical healing which often puzzles Drs., a source of personal amusement and frustration. A less obvious effect of that contact is a deeply fulfilling life. "Immersion in God entails a being filled with Him, a divine inflowing. Biblical men knew well enough that this self-communication of God is the sole destiny of men." (Thomas Dubay, S. M.)