Monday, December 25, 2017

Self Realization

For the last several years, decades in some cases, I have made a strong effort to not hold myself back due to the limitations placed on myself by my own beliefs. I look around me and notice others limiting themselves and try to escape from my own beliefs. For example, I wrote my book because of the great value I have found through the force of love - but part of me says "you have a lot of nerve promoting your own story". Another example is my disability. I struggle to escape from my own beliefs which I form in response to what I am told by neurologists. I was told that I would never get better and probably continue to worsen. I chose not to listen and, with several setbacks, have gotten quite a bit better and, in many ways, not gotten worse. All of this time I have a negative internal voice, which tends to hold me back. "To become a person one must both affirm and deny himself. One involves the other." (Rufus Jones)