Sunday, March 24, 2013

Life's Riches


The comment I made the other day about having very little “by American standards”, has been on my mind, since by world standards, I have a great deal.  I do have a house, some land, a ten year old car, good food, plenty of water, enough income, some furniture, an oldish computer, etc.  My point is, that stuff is a great deal more than I need and not at all necessary for my happiness.  I enjoy having that stuff but if it were not there my life would be different, at least on the surface, and I would be fine, even with my physical challenges and advancing age.  I can envision living in a trailer in the desert, being dead or having others in my “tribe” taking care of me and not being physically able, either would be fine with me.  In any case, my life would have the richness I gave it.