Wednesday, August 21, 2013

My Bias

I have a very close connection with God and know certain aspects of God very well.  I need to keep in mind that what I know is perceived through my own bias/filter, something I can see readily in others, but not myself.  I can only perceive based on my own understanding and experience, no matter how open and unbiased I try to be.  My views and feelings about God are not totally unclouded by my own personality, though I work hard and constantly at increasing the clarity.  I can also only perceive certain aspects, like blind men each perceiving different portions of an elephant.  In this case, I cannot possibly perceive the whole.  I can be with God and absorb as much as I can.  I certainly do not feel bad about my limits, just aware.  As with most things, it is what it is.