Friday, August 23, 2013

Progress Not Perfection

There are many events that happen to me each day that I, quite literally, take no notice of at all, knowing that in the grand scheme of things, they mean next to nothing.  I simply go about my day sensing perfection and harmony.  There are other events that the biggest part of me realizes they mean next to nothing, but I still get twinges of involvement or interest.  For example, things like stories on the radio, financial matters, clients not showing up for appointments or my ego getting stepped on a bit by most people, make no difference to me and I truly have no emotional reaction.  On the other hand, when my ego gets stepped on by a few, select people, I get a twinge of a defensive emotional response, which I do not act on, but I take note of.  Progress not Perfection comes to mind.