Friday, February 17, 2017

Being Present

I seem to be in a learning-growing mode, which seems reasonable having recently moved from AZ to MD. I may be preparing myself for the next phase, whatever that will be. I find myself being very attentive, present and doing a lot of meditation/contemplation. I tend to see God/love everywhere I look and am reminded of the comments of Meister Eckhart; "A man should receive God in all things and train his mind to keep God ever present in his mind, in his aims and in his love. Note how you regard God: keep the same attitude that you have in church or in your cell, and carry it with you in the crowd and in unrest and inequality.....In your acts you should have an equal mind and equal faith and equal love for your God.....If you were equal-minded in this way, then no man could keep you from having God ever present."