Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Balance

Having gone to the doctor, something I dread, I decided to relax and do nothing constructive for the rest of the day. The reason that I don’t like to go to the doctor is that their training and focus is on pathology while my focus is on health and healing. Both approaches are necessary for a balanced view. However, I do not look good through the eyes of pathology and I cannot let that block or impede my approach, which I tend to do. Looking at me through the eyes of pathology is depressing, but also very real on some level. Looking at me exclusively through the eyes of health and healing can be unrealistic. A balanced approach is called for. I ended up not relaxing for the rest of the day. I also went to a recovery meeting, did some gardening and paperwork.