Monday, November 18, 2013

Allowing

For my first time, I live in a neighborhood with a Home Owners Association (HOA) and tonight I was reading through their bylaws in order to learn what I needed to do in order to comply.  Two things of note come to mind for me.  The first is that I do not like the sense of being told what to do, being controlled.  However, I understand the utility of their rules and willingly submit, especially since the factors they talk about mean little to me.  The second thing of note to me is that they place value on things that mean nothing, things like superficial appearance rather than attempting to promote connectedness and creativity.  Personally. I am not certain that it is possible to produce rules that promote things like connectedness, love and creativity but it is possible to support and allow them.