Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Simple Truths

The truths that I now know and live by, which have also been known by many others for centuries, are both very simple and profoundly difficult at the same time.  The truths like knowing that we are all one with each other and the force called God or that love is the eternal fact that we are all learning about or truely sensing the overwhelming peace and serenity of “I am”, all require negating and looking past what we have been taught in this culture.
In my case, I knew that there was something I was missing and I listened to the words of many teachers.  They could only point the direction for what I wanted to know and, using a lot of discipline and meditation, I came to know the same things.  I now point the way for others and continue to “discover” what has always been there.  I now am relatively comfortable with “being lost in a trackless desert” and being open to discarding old ideas.  Time to meditate!