Thursday, November 21, 2013

Gratitude

Today, I felt a lot of gratitude for where I am emotionally, spiritually and physically.  Physically is the most challenging since I am still disabled, have a speech impediment and am getting older.  My gratitude as far as the physical comes from the fact that my physical challenges have led to a lot of spiritual and emotional growth, and also the fact that it could be (and was predicted to be!) A whole lot worse.  I am still relatively active, my balance and coordination seem to have leveled off, for the most part, and my jaw control is improving, slowly.  Also, I continue to surprise myself as far as my emotional and spiritual advancement over the last several years.  I owe a lot to the various holistic disciplines and practices I have developed, coupled with the prayer and meditation I do daily.  I also owe a lot to the tremendous amount of help and support I have received and continue to receive.