Monday, May 13, 2013

Doing The Right Thing


My wife is visiting her mother, back east, and we talk regularly on the phone.  A secondary reason for the visit is the possibility of her getting a job in the east and us moving back there.  We both acknowledged on the phone tonight that moving back there in order to chase a paycheck, insurance and retirement would not make sense.  However, moving there because it is “the right” thing to do does make sense.  That is, if our presence there would have some sort of cosmic significance it does make sense to move.  If there is some sort of higher purpose to being there, we would both like to go.  As far as I know, that sort of question can only be answered through meditation, so I should sit, be quiet and receptive.
I have difficulty in meditating about anything where I have emotional involvement, some attachment to outcome.  However, through meditation it seemed clear that it is best for us to stay in Flagstaff.  We shall see.