Saturday, January 11, 2014

Devotion

Tomorrow I will have been on the recovery path for twenty-nine years. My main focus during that time, in addition to the foundation of staying clean and sober, has been increasing my connection with God, or whatever you wish to call that power/force.  I have systematically removed the many impediments to that connection, beginning with drugs and alcohol.  That removal process has included various other chemicals like caffeine and nicotine, distractions like T.V. , needless material possessions, and my some of my own attitudes and ideas like arrogance and intellectualism.  Having removed the impediments I am aware of, I have then made extensive use of listening through contemplation and meditation.  My devotion is total and, all in all, this system has worked very well for me.