Sunday, December 28, 2014

Focus on Love & Being of Service

I found myself saying today that I am a physical mess and that I don’t care, then I quickly amended that statement by admitting that it was an “inconvenience”.  The fact is that I am getting older, am disabled and have a speech impediment, all of which dramatically effect my life.  On the one hand, I spend a large portion of my life performing activities to minimize the impact of these inconveniences, therapeutic exercising and such.  I also recall that in 1988 I was working on learning how to crawl in physical therapy and just beginning to attempt moving and walking without the assistance of crutches, so I am grateful for the abilities that I have.  The main reason that my thoughts are not consumed with obsessing or worrying about my limitations is my focus on love, being of service and eternity.