Monday, August 22, 2016

Love

Many years ago I asked, in a sweat lodge, to see things the way God does. Then again several years ago I returned from my meditation and found that I retained the loving attitude I found there. Seeing and connecting with everything and every body in a loving way is a major part of what I asked in that lodge years ago. "We read the papers. We grieve the suffering. But many of us think, God has a plan, and we believe----still----that its name is love. Not a silly love. Not a childish love. But a powerful love, an awesome love so aligned with God that it will change all things" (Marianne Williamson). Given that, I see reality and people for what they are and love them in the process. I love the trees for being trees, ants and cockroaches for being themselves and all individuals for being themselves. With some individuals that means that I don’t want to be around them and, sometimes, that they should be behind bars.