Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Holistic Health

Through my own use of silence, silent meditation and contemplation, I have realized that for my own clarity of understanding I need to view the approach of my neurologist through the lense of compassion, understanding and love. If I do that I realize that he is viewing my situation through the eyes of logic, knowledge and reasoning, the way he was taught. In my case I have been using various techniques like, unconditional love, visualization and meditation for years with my disability (cerebellar degeneration) so simple reasoning is not enough. Logic, knowledge and reasoning are wonderful, but also limited in their scope. In the words of Seeger "To understand better the value of silence in daily life, and its relation to this spiritual transformation for which we yearn, it is useful first to consider the limitation of language, of words....It is next useful to contemplate the limitations of logical reasoning." The techniques I have been using have transformed me in a way which is not encompassed by reason.