Saturday, October 27, 2018

Sacred Time

It is the middle of the night and, as I do every night, I have gotten out of bed for a period of prayer and meditation. It is during this two hour block of time that I "sift" through the activities of the previous day and my spiritual quotes seeking inspiration, which I then write about in this blog. Before writing I go through the previous day looking for activities or feelings that jump out at me. Today’s most prominent event of today was a few seconds when my eyes locked with the eyes of a baby we were visiting. She was taking note and probing me while I was blessing her, an intense and memorable few seconds. "When a peaceful silence lay over all, and the night had run half of her swift course, down from the heavens, from the royal throne, leapt your all powerful word." the book of Wisdom 18:14, 15