Sunday, December 16, 2018

Silence

Today and yesterday I spent some time performing regular activities like food preparation, talking to people and exercise. In addition I was able to spend several hours doing a very restorative mix of meditation and rest, what I call sorting time. During the periods of meditation I allow my mind to wander some and also spend most of the time focused on topics of concern. I don’t allow my mind to get into circular obsession but I do permit some wandering to make sure I address all my concerns. When done I feel a greater sense of harmony with "All that is". "It [inner silence] is to establish an inner peace, an inner harmony, which will allow us authentically to contribute to the establishment of an outer peace and an outer harmony in the world at large." (Daniel A. Seeger)