Thursday, July 18, 2013

A Magical Day

Once again, life just feels like a magical experience.  The big event for the day was the first sweat lodge that we have had for a couple of months, due to the burn restrictions, which have now been lifted.  I knew that I was not physically capable of directing the lodge preparation, dealing with eleven newly recovering young addicts and then leading the lodge.  As a result, I repeatedly asked for help, guidance and support.  I got all three and felt very strongly connected to God and the lodge.  Not surprisingly, the guys responded to my connection very positively.  They clearly realized that what was happening was not a “normal” experience.  One of them even commented “It’s like we are programmed to have a religious experience!”.  Very gratifying to be a part of the experience.
Earlier in the day, at a staff meeting an event took place which could have upset me, but did not.  Two people apologized to me about the event and I had to be reminded of the event they were talking about, since it meant little to me.  I am pleased that the event in the staff meeting meant so little to me, while I was very passionate about the lodge and the events of the afternoon.