Sunday, September 1, 2013

Being Human

Being human, the human condition, is hard to deal with and stay relatively balanced emotionally, physically, spiritually and cognitively.   For me, staying balanced requires a great deal of discipline coupled with what I call “sorting time”, periods of unstructured contemplation.  I cannot let up or totally relax for more than a day, usually a few hours, without some negative consequences.  In my case I have the special challenges of physical problems and addictive tendencies.  Others that I work with have different sets of problems or special challenges to deal with.  The fact is that most (all?) of us have something.  Sorting through the difficulties and staying balanced while growing toward love and connectedness is part of the beauty and difficulty of being human, a wonderful process.