Saturday, July 3, 2021

World View

  Today I am experiencing some sadness which was triggered by my doctor appointment but also relates to my own history and awareness of the general human condition.  The sadness is because we tend to view the world through a lense formed by our own experiences and training rather than viewing reality openly and totally as it is.  I often refer to this as living and viewing reality from within a box because is restrictive and confining.  Personally, I make an effort to see beyond my own box and I also experience difficulty in getting others to do the same.  In the case of me and my physician “His training and profession lead him to view his patients in terms of potential pathology” (taken from last post) and he cannot see me openly and objectively, which saddens me.  I also understand the difficulty of seeing beyond my own box.