Monday, June 9, 2014

Reality

In being open to life, I discover different levels of what we call reality.  Some events are very transient, illusory and vapor-like, while some are more solid, but still very transient and then there are those that seem relatively solid and permanent, eternal even.  What takes place between my own ears, in my brain, is clearly the most vapor-like and illusory - in fact a great deal of what happens in my brain will never and has never taken place, outside of my own head.  On the other hand the day to day events of my life, like paying bills, owning things, my physical condition or my participation in sports or other physical activities are also very transient and some have called them illusory since they have little long-term meaning.  Then there are the events like love, relationships, compassion or being of service that have long-term or eternal significance.  All are valuable, sometimes enjoyable, sometimes amusing parts of the texture of my life.