Monday, November 13, 2017

A Gift

I identify very strongly with George Fox and other spiritual leaders who had strong, mystical connections with what I call God. "The Lord explained that it was needful that he [George Fox]’should have a sense of all conditions’. How else should he learn ‘to speak to all conditions?’ Then followed the critical experience: ‘I saw the infinite love of God. I saw that there was an ocean of darkness and death, but an infinite ocean of light and love which flowed over the ocean of darkness. In that also I saw the infinite love of God; and I had great openings." (John Yungblut). I too am very aware of my humanity, my very human frailties, my "all conditions". I simply do not act on those conditions, I just feel them and apologize when they manage to creep into my behavior. I am also aware and have felt and experienced the "infinite ocean of light" he speaks of and I act accordingly. It feels like an overwhelming gift that I can carry the sense of that ocean during my daily activities.