Sunday, August 19, 2018

Self-Care

Today was a "Charlie" day, meaning I took it easy, relaxed and did some things to pamper myself, an important part of my spiritual path. I had two sausage burritos and some oatmeal cookies for breakfast, went to a recovery meeting, had an egg sandwich for lunch, watched a movie on my computer and meditated. I did not meet with or work wit6h anyone. It was a good day of self-care. It’s important for me to realize when I need to take a break if I am to continue on my path. "Let’s be clear that "being at the spiritual game" means dedicating your whole mind, your whole body, your whole soul to the process of creating Self in the image and likeness of God. This is the process of Self realization about which Eastern mystics have written. It is the process of salvation to which much Western theology has devoted itself. This is a day-to-day, hour-to-hour, moment-to-moment act of supreme consciousness. It is a choosing and a re-choosing every instant. It is ongoing creation. Conscious creation. Creation with a purpose. It is using the tools of creation we have discussed, and using them with awareness and sublime intention.