Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Honesty 1


The topic for the meeting tonight was honesty, which is one of the ways that my view differs from most people.  Most people mention that it is not kind or loving to be honest at all times, that honesty at those times can be overly cruel or blunt.  I carry with me an attitude/feeling of love at all times, the way I used to carry an attitude of judgment, criticism and anger.  By a loving attitude I mean that my focus is always on the growth and well being of others.  I find that within that attitude/feeling it is not possible to be overly cruel or blunt, and that other people know, respect and value that.  My feeling is that within love I actually owe it to others out of respect for them, to be honest with them.  People actually seek me out to talk to at times, precisely because they know I will be honest with them.  My wife values that aspect of our relationship.