Sunday, May 5, 2013

Speaking My Truth


The specifics don’t matter, but over the last several days I have encountered several situations that seemed problematic, which I then considered as “road blocks” that I simply needed to accept, as is, rather than take any sort of action.  I was fairly certain that even if I voiced my opinion about them, that nothing would change.  I felt a vague uneasiness about my decision, so I decided that I would meditate about them.  What “felt  right”, as far as my options during the meditation was to “speak my truth quietly and clearly” (Ehrmann) and let go of the results, which, very likely, will not change.  That is, during meditation, my intuitive voice suggested that I consider these situations as hurdles rather than road blocks.  My sense is that I will be stronger emotionally and spiritually if I speak my truth and then let the results go.