Saturday, July 27, 2013

The Need For a Teacher

The importance of having a very close relationship with a trusted, loving and selfless teacher/mentor, has been on my mind of late.  I have had several along my path and I doubt I would be where I am without them.  At this point, it is challenging for me since I have a variety of earth-bound people who provide me with some guidance, while my main source of support and guidance is non-physical.  I have to be careful that my method of getting and following guidance is not driven by ego, which I have only been able to discern recently
The reason that it is important to have a teacher that we trust completely, is that there are many potential “traps” along the path to further spiritual development, many distractions or beliefs that can lead us astray.  I provide that sort of guidance to several people right now and have at least one person who thinks he knows better what he needs and is pursuing a path that will result in problems for him.  The different choices we can make are all part of the beauty of being human and part of our growth.