Monday, September 18, 2017

Belief

I am in no way "worthy" and I intentionally follow no creed and yet I have been granted many spiritual gifts, not the least being that I am still alive, functioning at a high level and have a life full of joy, peace and love. Tonight my wife even referred to me as a "bad boy, turned good". I have done many antisocial things and spent much of my life being self-centered and unpleasant. I now lead a life that is focused on being of service to others and have a very strong, mystical connection to the force or power I call God. I have learned that the words used and the creed followed are human in origin and make little or no difference. The present life lived does matter. "The fruits of the Spirit have been translated as ‘love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness, trustfulness, gentleness and self-control’" (Galatians 5:23 NJB)