Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Meditation

  Yesterday I was listening on NPR about concerns and worries surrounding the potential administration of various vaccines for covid-19.  They then switched topics to racism and the violence of some of the protests and switched again to the economy and the antics of our president.  I felt alarmed.  I then meditated, getting in touch with my higher self and the peace and love of eternity.  It’s easy to forget but I prefer peace and love.  “From everywhere, it seems, we are bombarded with the idea that our nature is innately violent, that our chief preoccupation is with our sexuality, and that our main purpose in life is the acquirement of ever more nifty possessions.......Indeed, it is only through the practice of inner silence that we can begin to disentangle ourselves from our culture and its illusions. (Seeger)