Monday, July 2, 2018

Peace

Today I have been reflecting on the fact that there are so many wars or threats of war going on in our world today. There is also a belief that wars or the threat of violence will eventually lead to peace. On the other hand, as many spiritual leaders have pointed out, wars and violence cannot lead to peace. In my view we each have two seeds within us and whichever we feed or nourish affects our choices or actions. One of those seeds is based largely on fear and nourished by violence and war while the other is based on love and fed by acts of compassion, love, understanding and peace. There is no way that violence can feed the love seed. I have lived within each choice and know how different each feels. My choices were changed by the love I was shown and I will continue to love others regardless of their choices.