Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Path With Heart

  My overall goal continues to be changing the world one person at a time.  I am pushing for a shift away from behaviors or attitudes stemming from fear/aggression toward those coming from love/spirituality,  My actual paths and actions have revolved around this goal for years and it has always been “a path with heart” — I feel good about following it.  At the present time my activities are directed at the “unseen realm” of the energy field around each of us.  My behaviors, actions and attitudes have all been influenced by this field and now I am attempting to do the same for others, with Love, joy, compassion and acceptance as my guide.  “Anything is one of a million paths (un camino entre cantidades de caminos).  Therefore you must always keep in mind that a path is only a path; if you feel you should not follow it, you must not stay with it under any conditions. To have such clarity you must lead a disciplined life. Only then will you know that a path is only a path, and there is no affront, to oneself or to others, in dropping it if that is what your heart tells you to do. But your decision to keep on the path or to leave it must be free of fear or ambition. I warn you. Look at every path closely and deliberately. Try it as many times as you think necessary. Then ask yourself, and yourself alone, one question. This question is one that only a very old man asks.  My benefactor told me about it once when I was young, and my blood was too vigorous for me to understand it. Now I do understand it. I will tell you what it is: Does this path have a heart? All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. They are paths going through the bush or into the bush. In my own life I could say I have traversed long, long paths, but I am not anywhere. Does this path have a heart? If it does, the path is good; if it doesn’t, it is of no use. Both paths lead nowhere; but one has a heart, the other doesn’t. One makes for a joyful journey; as long as you follow it, you are one with it. The other will make you curse your life. One makes you strong; the other weakens you (Don Juan as quoted by Carlos Castaneda)