Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Gratitude

  I wake this morning feeling grateful for life as it is, a good feeling.  There are many aspects of my life that I wish were different and I do everything I can to make things better while also being grateful for the way things are.  Yesterday I exercised, meditated and then spent several hours making preparations for cooking a big batch of spaghetti sauce.  I was busier than I like and those activities would have taken a normal person a lot less time.  I am grateful I could do them at all and today will be more relaxed.  We are in the midst of a pandemic and I am isolating.  I am also healthy and the isolation gives me more time to reflect and meditate.  “We simply do not know.  Scientists discover and theologians affirm; but faced with the mystery of life and death we know almost nothing. (deCastillejo)